Sri BoovarahaSri Vishvottama TeerthaShri Sode Vadiraja Math is one of the Asta Maths formed by Shri Madhwacharya who propagated Dwaitha Philosophy and installed Lord Krishna’s Idol during the 3rd century. Shri Vishnuthirthacharya was the first Swamiji of Shri Sode Vadiraja Math, Udupi. Shri Vadiraja Swamiji of this Math who lived in the 15th century was responsible for the reforms and the present type of Paryayam once in two years. Shri Vadiraja Swamiji’s Vrindavan is at Sonda, which is in north kanara District of Karnataka, is a sacred pilgrimage centre. The present Swamiji of Sode Math is H.H. Shri Vishvothama Teertha Shri Swamiji.
The Dieties of the Math are:
1) Shri Bhoovaraha given by Sri Madhwacharya.
2) Shri Hayagreeva.
3) Shri Vedavyasa
The other Branches of the Math are at:
1) Shri Vadiraja Math at Nadyanthady, at Irvathur Village of Bantwal Taluk.
2) Shri Sode Math at Narala near Malali (GanjiMath) of Mangalore Taluk.
3) Shri Vadiraja Math – Hoovinakere (Kundapur Taluk – birth place of Shri Vadiraja Swamiji)
4) Shri Vadiraja Math – Kumbhashi (Kundapur Taluk)
5) Shri Vadiraja Math – Undaru (Innanje) Udupi Taluk.
6) Shri Vadiraja Math – Udyavara (Udupi Taluk)
7) Shri Vadiraja Math – Panjimar (Udupi Taluk)
8) Shri Vadiraja Math – Renjala (Karkala Taluk)
9) Shri Vadiraja Math – Thirthahalli (Shimoga Dist.)
1) Shri Vishnumoorthy Havavadana Swamy Pre.University College, at Innanje (near Undaru Math) started during 1943
2) Shri Kamadhenu Go Samrakshana Kendra at Hoovinakere (Kundapur Taluk)
The guru parampara of the Math is as follows
( Present Swamiji)
Sri Sode Vadiraja Math
Car Street, Udupi – 576 101
Phone: +91 820 2524004