Birthplace: Shibrur, near Kateel.
Date of Birth: 13-5-1956
Pre-monastic Name: Ramesh Tantri
Primary School: Kadandale Hr. Pry. School
High school: Shri Durgaparameshwari High school, Kateel
S.S.L.C: As a private candidate
Alankara Vidvath: Udupi Samskrutha Mahapathashale Studied Veda, Paurohitya and Tantragama from his father, Shri Hayagreeva Tantri and studied Jyothishya from Vidwan Bailoor Ananthapadmanabha Tantri. Completion of Samadhva Vijaya-Mahabaratha Synopsis (taatparya): Completed the Taatparya nirnaya of Samadva Vijaya – Mahabaratha, studied under the guidance of Shri Vidyamanya Teertha on 4.10.1978 in Bhadari Narayana Sanidhi, Bhadari Kshetra
Sanyasa Deeksha: Took Sanyasa Deeksha on June 10, 1979 from Shri Vibudhesha Teertha of Admaru Math, Admaru and became Shri Vidyadeesha Teertha and appointed as the successor (uttaradikari) of Palimaru Math.Higher Education:
Studied Sarvamula Granthas, Shri Manyasudha Grantha, Vyasatraya, under the guidance of Shri Vidyamanya Teertha for 5 years at Admaru Adarsha Gurukula. Simultaneously, he taught the students ofthe Gurukula.
Completed the studies of Manyasudha Granth, under the guidance of Shri Vidyamana Theertha on February 1,1984
Manyasudha pravachana for two years under Shri Sridhara Upadyaya, Shri G. V. Raghavendra and others
Sudhapravachana for two years under Shri Chipagiri Ramachandra Acharya and Kumbashi Shripathi Upadhyaya
Shri Vidvapriya Teertha, Admaru Math
Shri Sugunendra Teertha, Puthige Math
Shri Vidyesha Teertha, Bhandarkeri Math
Paryaya with Guru: During the Paryaya period of Shri Vidyamanya Teertha (1986- 88) Shri Vidyadeesha performed special poojas to Lord Krishna.
* Completed the renovation work of Palimaru moola Math under the administration of Shri Vidyamanya Theertha in 1990,
* Established Yoga Deepika Gurukula on May 5, 1989 in Palimar, which imparts Paurohitya, Tantra, Jyothishya and Vedantha and appointed as Vice-Chancellor.
* Performed mouna vratha while chanting Akshara laksha vedavyasa mantra, daily bath in Alakananda, preaching the Geethabhashya – taatparya, Manyasudha for 60 days by consuming one glass of milk a day. Performed Chaturmassa at Badrinath
* Actively participated in Shri Rama Janma Bhoomi Vimochana Andolana in 1990, and was arrested and released Preached Geetopanaysa in Geetacharya Sanidhi for 48 days during his Chaturmasya in 1992
* Renovation of Palimar Anjaneya Temple, constructed by Shri Raghuveera Teertha. Conducted seminars, scholarly discussions thus giving the Brahmakalashotsava a new look.
* From 1997 onwards, every year on Hanuman Jayanthi, 108 Pavamana Homa is conducted
* The Shri RajaRajeshwara Award (Rs. 10000 and a memento) constituted by His Holiness is given every year to scholars well versed in Madhvashastra and Paurohitya. Scholars like Shri Kapu Hayagreeva Acharya, Kumbashi Shri Krishna Upadhyaya, Vattangad Shri Hayagreeva Acharya, Paadur Shri Venkatramana Aithal and Padubidalu Shri Padmanabha Acharya are recepients of this award till date.
* Completed the third Manyasudha Pravachana on October 14, 1994 in Shriranga Sannidhi.
* Has been touring places (Paavana Yaatra) since 1996 in Coastal Karnataka, which has been influenced by Madhvacharya with scholars like Shri Prabjanjana Acharya, Shri Bannanje Govindacharya, to create awareness among people.
* Conducted the Sahasrakoti Ramanama Lekhana Yajna in which several people participated and had their wishes fulfilled.
* His Holiness started his Chaturmasya Vratha in Tirupathi consisting of darshanas of Lord Srinivas, Maunavratha, and continuous preachings.
* The Chaturmasya at Haridvara was the last along with his guru Shri Vidyamanya Teertha in 1999 at Haridwar * Undertook renovation work of Kathavara Math in 1998. A gurukula was also established Seminars: “Contribution of Likucha Family” at Kasargod Kavu Math on October 15, 1989 “Characters of Mahabharatha” at Palimar on August 19,1990 “Vedavyasa” at Palimar in 1991
As an Author and Translator:
1988 – Mahabharata Taatparya or Translation of Yamaka Bharatha in Kannada
1994 – Chanchareekathi
1988 – Nyaya Sudhamangala Pravachana
1999 – Kannada Translation of Sundarakandha and various other articles published in papers and magazines
Last Rites of Guru Shri Vidyamanya Teertha: Shri Vidyamanya Teertha breathed his last on May 14, 2000, an ekadashi. A well-carved Vridhavana was installed on May 2, 2001 at Palimar Anjaneya Temple.