ARUNACHALA HEBBAR – PHOTO JOURNALIST
Date of Birth: 22 May 1969
Marital Status: Bachelor
Academic Qualifications: ITI – Electrician (1987)
Work experience: Trade apprentice at KIOCL (Kuderemukh Iron Ore Co. Ltd.)
Experience: Adventure, Journalism, Photography and Photo-Journalism.
Hobbies: Trekking, Rafting, Coin & Stamp Collecting.
Extensive trekking in the Western Ghats and The Himalayas (India and Nepal) since 1990. Undergone Basic Mountaineering Course at the Nehru Institute of Mountaineering, Uttar Kashi (UP) Participated in several Rafting Camps in the rivers of Western Ghats and also in rock climbing camps in Karanataka.
In 1995- taken part in a workshop on Journalism organized by Sandesha Pratishthana and the Association of Working Journalists, South Canara. Participated in a workshop on ` Krushi Patrikodyama’ held at Hebbal, Bangalore.
Attended a workshop on basic photography organized by Focal Photo Club of Udupi. Participated in 18th National Level Photography competition held by Lucknow Camera Club (1996). Participated in many workshops on photography organized by the Youth Photographic Society of Bangalore and other clubs of Delhi and Calcutta. Presented an exotic collection of 50 Photographs on the Himalayas, Lifestyle, Flora and Fauna.
- Secured Best Entry Award in a State level competition on Pictorial Photography in 1993. The event was organised by Focal Photo Club, Udupi and Foto World, Sullia. Entries were exhibited in Udupi, Mangalore and Sullia.
- Photographs selected for the 18th National Level Photography Competition (1996) organised by the Lucknow Camera Club.
- Photographs selected for the National level Photography Competition (1997) on Mountain Photography organized by Calcutta’s Anchor India Club. The same were exhibited in Delhi and Calcutta.
- Photographs selected for the 22nd National Level Photography Competition (1998) organized by the Youth Photographic Society of Bangalore.
- Consolation Prize at the `Tushara’ Monthly Magazine Silver Jubilee Photo Competition.
- Mangala M C Vargees Award for Best Photo Feature given by Karnataka Union Working Journalist for the year 1999.
- 1st Award in Pictorial Slide section at 24th YPS All India Salon of Photography – 2000. Two prints & Two slides are accepted in pictorial colour print & photo travel – slide section.
1. Chickmagalur, Bilalu Koppa Junior Chamber for Photography.
2. Chickmagalur district Koppa Taluk megundahobli first Kannada Sahitya Sammelana felicitated for Photography.
3. felicitated by Prof. Anil K. Gupta of Ahmedabad National Innovation Foundation in the Hariharapura of Koppa Taluk.
- “Pejawar – 60” – 60 photographs exhibited aboutPejawar Swamiji during Paryaya Mahostava at Udupi, January 2000.
- “Himalaya Darshana” – 50 Photographs of Himalayas (Flora-Fauna-Life Style-Land Scape of Himalayas) were exhibited during MGM College Silver Jubilee function at Udupi, February- 2000.
- Western Ghats (Land Scape) – Photographs of Western Ghats exhibited in Drushya school Of Arts organized by Artist Forum Udupi,March 2000
- “Adventure” (Photographs of adventure, sports, Himalayas, Western Ghats) – April 2000.
This exhibition held in palace ground, Bangalore during Adventure Carnival organized by National Geographic Channel & KSTDC. Exhibition sponsored by Z – axis, Adventure Club of Bangalore, April 2000.
- “Karnataka” Photographs of Karnataka’s tourist places were exhibited in India International Travel Mart held in Kantheerava Indoor Stadium Bangalore. In association with KSTDC. – July 2000.
- ‘Parisara’ Photographs about nature exhibited during 3rd Anniversary function of UDUPI District. – Sept 2000.
- “Adventure Tourism” Photographs exhibited in I T .com., Bangalore in association with KSTDC.- Oct 2000.
- “Adventure Tourism” Photographs exhibited in Travel & Tourism Fair held at Bangalore in association with KSTDC – Nov 2000.
Exhibited slides on Nepal Tourism and Trekking in Mysore, Bangalore and Udupi.
Articles and photographs published
Sudha. ‘Title of article’s: `Annapoornage Apradakshine’ and `Anabegalu’. Apart from these feature write-ups many of my photographs have been published in Sudha.
Publication: Prajavani ‘Title of article. `Ramanangarada Bettagalalli mardanisida Bhavaikyathe’ Many photographs have also been published.
Taranga. Title of article: `Katina Aata Gode Eratata, Chandra Charana and `Bhooswarga Nepala’.
Udayavani. Title of article: ` Mareyalagada Manang’, `Malenada Magguligondu Charana’ etc.
`Chitra Chintana’ and other columns. Several photographs have also been published in Udayavani Morning News.
`Vanadurga Estate’, Bettada Kolalu
Shanthigrama Post,, Koppa, Chickamagalur – 577 114
Phone: +91 8265 248521
C/o Aradhana, Munchur, Sreenivasanagar Post
Mangalore – 575 025, Karnataka, India
Phone: +91 824 2478065
Cell: +91 94483 89121