Dr. Pratap Kumar
Professor and Head
Dept of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Kasturba Medical College
Manipal – 576 119
- National Vice President of the Federation of Obstetrics and Gynecology for the year 1999.
- Member, World committee of Ethical issues of Ultrasound.
- Member, Examiner and Advisor, National Board of Examinations
- Examiner of Undergraduates and Postgraduates in several universities
- Selected by the Govt. of India for the Indo-Belgium exchange programme in 1996.
- Appointed as the Senate member of the Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), a deemed university.
- Appointed as the Chairman of Board of Studies in Obstetrics and Gynecology of MAHE.
- Member, Advisory Board of International Institute for training in Reproductive Health.
- Elected as the Governing Council of Members of the Indian College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ICOG)
- Appointed as the National Chairman of Imaging Sciences in Obstetrics and Gynecology of India.
- Approved as PhD guide by the Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
- Undergraduate examiner and Post graduate examiner for several universities in India.
- Appointed on the Editorial committee of the following Journals:
- British Medical Journal, Indian Section
- Indian Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology practice+
- Asian Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Journal of obs gyn today
- Young gynecologist award in the year 1992 by the Asian Federation of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and was invited to Bangkok, Thailand to attend the Asian congress of gynecologists.
- Lomalinda fellowship to USA in1993 to work on ultrasound in obstetrics and gynecology.
- UICC fellowship to UK in 1994 to work at the Charing Cross Hospital, London on Trophoblastic tumours.
- Senior scientist award by the National Body of gynecologists( FOGSI) in 1995 for the best scientific research among gynecologists.
- Received Good teacher award twice in 1996 and 1998 by the Kasturba Medical College, Manipal.
- Received appreciation award by the Manipal Academy of Higher Education, a deemed university, Manipal for editing a book on Ultrasonography in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Received the Best Paper Prize for the 1998 among all the publications in the open category in the Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology of India.
Papers and Publications
Has presented over 200 papers in National and International conferences and has published over 50 papers.
Has edited a book on Ultrasound and two editions have come out in a short span of 3 years. Has conducted several workshops on Ultrasound while chairing the Imaging science committee for 5 years till 1996.
Dr. Pratap Kumar
Professor and Head Department of Obstetrics and gynecology
Kasturba Medical College, Manipal – 576 119