Pushpa Kini MD, DCH
Dept. of Pediatrics,
Kasturba Medical College & Hospital
Manipal – 576 119
Fax: 91-820-2570061, 2570062
Teaching, clinical practice and research in Pediatrics and its subspecialties of Hematology, paleontology and infectious diseases.
- First class in Biochemistry, Pathology, Ophthalmology, Surgery, Medicine, OBG.
- First class with distinction in Pharmacology, Microbiology, Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine.
- Winner of Best outgoing lady student of Mysore University 1981 – Kemparaja Cheluvamma Gold Medal.
- Winner of A.R. Seethamma Gold Medal Award 1981 , Mysore University for procuring highest marks in OBG.
- Obtained highest marks in DCH, Mangalore University 1984. – CSIR Senior Research Fellowship award 1982 – 1985.
- Executive Committee Member: National Neonatology Forum conducted in 1990. – Heading the Unit III in Pediatrics since 1994 March.
- Winner of Good Teacher Award 1995 KMC Manipal) for Excellency in Teaching. – Currently on the Editorial board – ‘Pediatrics’ Indian Edition.
Faculty of the department of Paediatrics KMC Manipal since Oct. 1986.
1996 Mar. – Professor, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
1998 – Director, Student Affairs, MAHE, Manipal.
1985 MD, Pediatrics, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
1984 DCH, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore.
1981 MBBS, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore.
First class in the II MBBS examination
Distinctions In: Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology and Forensic Medicine
Indian Medical Association
Indian Academy of Pediatrics
National Neonatology Forum Karnataka Pediatric Society
Selected for the NALS workshop of neonatal resuscitation which was conducted by the National Neonatology Forum. Certified by the NNF as a member of the national faculty team to conduct regional resuscitation training programmes. –
1993 – 94 : Executive Member, Indian Academy of Pediatrics Dakshina Kannada. –
1993 – 94 : Lady Representative, Indian Medical Association, Udupi.
Abstracts and Conference presentations
“CT scan in the evaluation of children with intracranial infections”. Presented at the IAP state conference, Karnataka branch in 1 985.
“Rotavirus infection in children with diarrhoea”. Presented at the IAP national conference, 1990.
“2-D echo in normal neonates: standards for Indian babies”. Presented at the IAP national conference, 1990.
Pyogenic Meningitis in children – IAP National Conference Jan 1 996.
Causes of Mortality in a referral hospital – IAP National Conference 1 996.
Evaluation of Febrile Neutropenic children with acute leukemia – IAP National Conference 1995.
1. Pushpa Kini, Nalini Bhaskara’nand. Goldenhar syndrome a case report, Karnataka Pediatric Journal 1992, Vol. 6 No. 1 ; 7-9.
2. Pushpa Kini, Meera Baliga – Down syndrome with persistent hypocalcaemia and calcification of basal ganglia; Karnataka Paediatric Journal 1993; Vol. 7, No. 142; 6-8.
3. Pushpa Kini, Vidyasagar, Nalini B. – Transient cortical blindness in a child with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia; Karnataka Paediatric Journal 1 993; Vol. 7, No. 3; 13-1 5.
4. Pushpa Kini, Meera Baliga – Unusual presentation of cytomegaloviral infection in a five month old baby – a case report – Annals of Tropical Pediatrics, December 1993, Vol. 13, No. 4.
5. Pushpa Kini, P. Prabhakar, M. Baliga – Bone changes in herpes simplex infection mimicking congenital syphilis – Annals of Tropical Pediatrics, December 1 993, Vo1.13,No.4.
6. Chapter on ‘ Hypothyroidism’ – in Text Book of Pediatrics to be published by Indian Academy of Pediatrics, Dakshina Kannada Branch.
7. Pushpa Kini, M. Baliga, Nalini B. – Severe derangement of coagulation profile following multiple bee stings in a 2 Yr. old boy – Annals of Tropical Pediatrics 1994, 14, 153-155.
8. Lekha Pandit, R. Kapadia, Pushpa Kini, S. N. Rao – Metachromatic Leukodystrophy – case report – Indian Paediatrics June 1 994, vol. 31 , 690-94.
9. Crying child – Karnataka Pediatric Journal CME section.
10. Juvenile myasthenia gravis with predominant facial weakness in a 7 year old boy – To International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology.