Name of the Organisation: Syndicate Agriculture and Rural Development Foundation
Administrative Office: Main Road, Hiriadka – 576 113, India
Established in: 1966
Registration: Under Mysore Societies Act 1960, S. No. 3/66 – 67/ S K (An non Governmenental Organisation)
- To promote the betterment of people in rural areas through propagation of modern Technology.
- To organise rural people into viable group with Objectives of assisting them to help themselves.
- To establish and found organisations both formal and informal of people living in rural areas and support them with donations, grants or otherwise for the above purpose. 4. To publish journals, booklets to propagate and disseminate appropriate Technology.
- To organise seminars, workshop training programmes, exhibitions pertaining to agriculture, allied activities and rural industries.
- To assist research in agriculture, horticulture, animal husbandry and allied activities.
- To undertake field study, surveys and evaluation studies.
PROGRAMMES: In pursuance of the above objectives
Foundation organises :
- Formation of Farm Information Exchange Clubs with 30 to 40 agriculturists who are member of the Foundation.
- Formation of Young Farmers Clubs in High Schools, to inculcate love for agriculture in students. To encourage them to take up agriculture after their studies.
- Publishing monthly journal Krishiloka in Kannada which has a readership of about 15,000.
- Conferring BEST FARMER AWARD every year.
- Distribution of vegetable seeds every year, to young Farmer Clubs.
- Propagation of development vanilla crop through Vanilla Development Trust Sponsored by the Foundation.
Membership: We accept four type of membership A) Ordinary Annual Rs. 51.00 P.A. B) Life Rs. 301.00 C) Patron Rs. 501.00 D) Benefactor Rs. 1001.00 To all the members, KRISHILOKA, Kannada monthly magazine will be sent free.
GRANTS TO FIECs & YFCs: To encourage from Information Exchange Clubs (FIEC) and Young Farmers Clubs (YFC) we give grants for the extension activities conducted.
MANAGEMENT: Management of the Foundation lies in a Governing Council elected once in three years. Council at present consists of eminent bankers, prograssive farmars, social workers, journalists etc.
Mr. K K Pai, former Chairman of Syndicate Bank in the President.
Mr. K. M. Udupa, a retired Bank Executive and Executives Director of Bharatiya Vikas Trust is Vice President.
Mr. P. B. R. Hegde, a progressive farmer & Bank Executive and is the Secretary
Mr. P. Srinivas Hegde, a progressive farmer and a Social worker is the Treasurer.
Day to Day administration is looked after by Mr. H. V.Mallya, Retd. Bank Executive. Tel. No. 25423 38 (D), 2542437 (R) – STD Code – 0820.
The Director Institute for Social Development (ISD)
Kadri, P.O. Bejai, Mangalore – 575 004Argriculture & Horticulture
The Syndicate Agriculture & Rural Development Foundation
Regional Agricultural Research Centre