- Kasturba Medical College - KMC
- SDM College of Ayurveda
- College of Dental Sciences
- College of Pharmacy
- Muniyal Institute of Ayurveda
- KSHEMA-K.S.Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore
- MIM - Manipal Institute of Management
- T.A. Pai Management Institute - TAPMI
- Justice K.S.Hegde Institute of Management
- Welcome Group Graduate School of Hotel Administration(WGSHA)
- Karavali Catering College
- MGM College
- Poornaprajna College
- Poornaprajna evening College
- Bhandarkars College
- Milagres College
- Sri Bhuvanendra College
- Bharatiya Vikas Trust
- City School of Nursing
- CKM School of Art
- Dr. TMA Pai College of Education
- Government Training College
- Indrali English Medium Higher Primary School
- Prabodini Gurukula
- Sharada Residential School
- Sanskrit College
- List of Schools in Udupi
MILAGRES COLLEGE, KALLIANPUR
COLLEGE ' Milagres ', derived from Portuguese, means miracles. The College is dedicated to Our Lady of Miracles, the miraculous Blessed Virgin Mother, Mary. Under her spiritual protection, the College has been fruitfully serving the rural youth of Kallianpur and the neighbourhood as a temple of higher education.
MOTTO: 'STELLA DUCE' is the motto of the College which, in Latin, means LED BY THE STAR. The College is led by the immaculate Mother Mary, our spiritual star and guide.
AIM AND OBJECTIVES
1. The integral development of the human person guided by the teaching and inspiration of Christ and aiming at the formation of good Indian Citizens.
2. The formation, through prayer and good work, of trust in God and man's dependence on him.
3. Moral uprightness and the courage to stand up for it through training in the right values of justice and peace.
4. Critical thinking, creative ability and intellectual excellence.
5. Concern for the neighbour chiefly the under-privileged and oppressed.
HISTORY OF THE COLLEGE
Milagres College, founded in the year 1967, is a composite College and is permanently affiliated to the Pre University Board, Bangalore and the University of Mangalore. It is also registered under section 2(f) and 12(b) of the University Grants Commission act and hence eligible to receive grants from the U.G.C. It is managed by the Catholic Board of Education of the Diocese of Mangalore and His Excellency the Bishop is its president. The day-to-day management is looked after by a managing committee headed by the Correspondent - The Parish Priest of Milagres Church. The College offers Pre-University Courses of 2 years and Degree Courses of 3 years duration in Arts, Science and Commerce for study. It has devoted and efficient staff, well equipped library and laboratories. It is ideally situated in healthy and peaceful surroundings, far from the madding crowds, "not too far from everywhere and not too close to anywhere," as per the suggestion of D. H. Lawrence for an ideal College.
COURSES OFFERED 1. Two Year Pre-University Courses Group I: Languages: English and Kannada or Hindi Group II: Optional: One of the following combinations: 1. History, Economics, Political Science, Sociology 2. History, Economics, Business Studies, Accountancy 3. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology
2.Three Year B.A., B.Sc. and B.Com. Degree
Group I: Languages: English and Kannada or Hindi Group II: Optional B.A.:1. Optional English, History, Political Science 2. Optional English, History, Sociology 3. History, Economics, Political Science 4. History, Economics, Sociology B.Sc.: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics B.Com. Compulsory subjects as per the University Regulations.
1. STUDENTS' COUNCIL
2. PHYSICAL EDUCATION
5. SCIENCE CLUB
6. LITERARY ASSOCIATION
7. CAREER GUIDANCE
8. MUSIC CLUB
9. LADIES’ CLUB
STAFF AND STUDENTS The College has 914 students on rolls, 357(39.06%) of which are men and 557(60.94%) are women. The Staff comprises 50 members of whom 30 are Teaching and 20 Non-Teaching.
LIBRARY AND READING ROOM A treasure-house of knowledge that Milagres Library is, it possesses 30,000 valuable books on various disciplines and is housed in a newly-built Library Block with the assistance of the University Grants Commission. 11 dailies and 67 periodicals are being subscribed.
* Mid-Day Meal * College Canteen
All correspondence may be addressed to:
The Principal, Milagres College, Kallianpur - 576 114
Udupi District, Karnataka, India
Telephone: 91 820 2580235 (Office), 91 820 2580035 (Residence)
Arts & Life Style
Udupi, an important Teerthasthal (pilgrimage place) with its historical Krishna Temple is the cultural center of Karnataka. more...
Business is that field, which no one can miss. We need to do business in every walk of life, hence it is an integral part of ourselves. more...
Health care" is the key word in Udupi and Manipal as the District stands first in the state in this field. The traditional vaidyas to giving traditional medicine, more...
Science & Technology
bankrupt good hillbilly stew, crazy, fancy and hillbilly heap rodeo, pappy. Thar range saw me him sherrif nothin' shiney dirt, pigs more...